Best Locations to Rent in Malta
If you are in the market to rent a property, it does not matter where you find yourself in Malta: you are always near the sea and close to some fantastic places to visit, explore and not even to mention the shopping! Whether you are on holiday, a student, a young professional, the international traveller, a retired couple or a single person, Malta has something to offer everyone. If you seek an active social scene or if you are a beach lover looking for solitude and picturesque coastal living, then one of the areas below will be an ideal destination to call home. The only things that will influence your final decision are your budget, desired location and the type of property you want!
St. Julian’s, is renowned for its lively nightlife, picturesque coastline and as Malta’s premier entertainment scene. Renting a property in here offers residents a vibrant and dynamic lifestyle in one of Malta’s most sought-after locations. We cover some key highlights of renting in St. Julian’s:
- Exciting Lifestyle: Julian’s has a plethora of bars, clubs and restaurants to suit every taste. The area is always busy but really comes alive after dark, offering residents an array of entertainment options within walking distance of their rental properties. Here you will find from the trendiest of nightclubs to cosy pubs and al fresco waterfront dining. It does not matter what your taste and preference, St. Julian’s really has it all.
- Charm: Julian’s is blessed with beautiful coastline and picturesque views wherever you go. Many of the rental properties here offer stunning sea views and some are even located right on the waterfront, providing those lucky residents with an opportunity to wake up to breathtaking vistas.
- Convenience and Amenities: Julian’s offers a wide range of amenities and services, including supermarkets, shopping centres, gyms and health clinics, ensuring that residents have easy access to their daily needs. The town is also home to the bustling Spinola Bay, where you can find a variety of restaurants, cafes and shops.
- Outdoor Recreation: Besides its vibrant nightlife, St. Julian’s also offers outdoor recreational opportunities such as access to promenades offering access to leisurely walks, the chance to take part in water sports such as snorkelling, diving, water polo or simply a chance to relax on the sandy beach of St. George’s Bay.
- Excellent Connectivity: Julian’s has excellent public and private transport links, allowing for easy access to other parts of Malta. Here you will find buses and taxis, all readily available, making it convenient to explore the rest of the island.
Sliema is renowned for its cosmopolitan atmosphere, stunning sea views and bustling waterfront promenade. Throughout the years it has always been Malta’s most desirable neighbourhood and this is very much the case still today. Living in a rental property in Sliema offers residents the perfect blend of urban convenience, an enviable locality and the best of coastal charm. Sliema has everything you could want in a rental property type: townhouses, penthouses, apartments, maisonettes and many more. Key highlights of renting in Sliema are:
- It’s a Prime Location with Stunning Sea Views: Sliema’s waterfront location provides residents with breathtaking views of the Mediterranean Sea. Many rental properties in Sliema offer access to balconies or terraces where you can soak in the stunning vistas or simply watch the world go by.
- Abundance of Rental Options: Sliema offers a wide variety of rental options to suit different preferences and budgets: there is something for everyone. The area’s real estate market caters to both long-term residents and short-term visitors, making it a popular choice for expats, professionals and tourists alike.
- Convenience and Amenities: Sliema has excellent amenities and convenient access to everything one needs as daily necessities. Here you will find numerous supermarkets, shops, restaurants, cafes and entertainment venues. Sliema simply has it all.
- Recreational Opportunities: In Sliema you’ll have ample opportunities for anything to do with leisure and recreation. The town’s iconic waterfront promenade is perfect for scenic walks, jogging, or simply enjoying the lively atmosphere. There are also options for swimming, sailing and sunbathing everywhere you go.
- Excellent Connectivity: With excellent transport links, living in Sliema makes it easy to explore the rest of Malta. Public buses, ferries and water taxis provide convenient Top of Form
St Paul’s Bay
St. Paul’s Bay is a charming and popular destination for those seeking a relaxed and coastal lifestyle. It has vibrant atmosphere and convenient amenities, offering an excellent selection of rental properties. Key highlights of renting here are:
- Variety of Rental Options: Paul’s Bay provides a diverse range of rental options to suit different preferences and budgets. Whether you’re looking for a modern apartment, a traditional townhouse, or even a spacious villa, you’ll find it here. St Paul’s Bay rental market caters to both long-term and short-term rentals, making it suitable for both permanent residents and holidaymakers.
- Sea Views and Proximity to Beaches: Many of the rental properties in the area offer stunning vistas of the Mediterranean with mesmerizing sunsets that can be enjoyed from balconies or terraces. It is also home to several beautiful beaches, including Golden and Mellieha Bays, which are within easy reach.
- Amenities and Services: Paul’s Bay boasts a wide range of amenities and services, making it a convenient place to live. With numerous supermarkets, shops, restaurants, cafes and bars, residents have easy access to daily necessities and great entertainment options. With excellent transport links, it is convenient for connecting to all the other parts of Malta.
- Water Sports and Outdoor Activities: The area is idea for those who enjoy an active lifestyle. Proximity to the sea makes it an ideal location for swimming, snorkelling, diving and fishing. Moreover, the nearby countryside provides scenic hiking and cycling routes, allowing residents to explore the natural beauty of Malta.
- Local Attractions: Not many people know that St. Paul’s Bay is rich in history and culture, offering several local attractions worth exploring. The town is home to the popular Bugibba Square, a bustling hub with restaurants, bars and entertainment venues. Additionally, the nearby towns of Qawra and Bugibba offer a vibrant nightlife scene. For those interested in history, St. Paul’s Island and the Wignacourt Tower are fascinating sites to visit.
Valletta, the capital city of Malta, is a UNESCO World Heritage site renowned for its rich history, grand architecture and cultural significance. Thus renting in Valletta offers residents a unique and enchanting experience, immersing them in the heart of Malta’s vibrant capital. Here are some key highlights of renting in Valletta:
- Historic Charm: Valletta is a treasure trove of historic buildings, palaces and cobblestone streets that transport residents back in time. Renting a property in Valletta means living amidst architectural gems, with many rental options offering traditional townhouses or apartments boasting stunning period features.
- Cultural Hub: Valletta is a thriving cultural hub, with numerous museums, art galleries and theatres. There’s also a vibrant arts scene, one can attend numerous cultural events throughout the year and explore the city’s rich history and heritage.
- Amenities and Services: Despite its historical charm, Valletta offers all the modern day amenities and has very convenient services. The city is home to a variety of shops, boutiques, restaurants, cafes and supermarkets, ensuring that residents have easy access to everyday necessities.
- Walkability: Valletta is a compact city, making it ideal for exploration on foot.
- Cultural Events and Festivities: Valletta is known for its lively calendar of cultural events and festivities and there is always something happening in the city.
The Three Cities
The Three Cities, comprising of Vittoriosa (Birgu), Senglea (Isla) and Cospicua (Bormla), makes renting a property here a captivating blend of history, charm and scenic waterfront living for any of its residents. Here are some key highlights of renting in The Three Cities:
- Historical Heritage: The area is steeped in history, with well-preserved fortifications, narrow winding streets and centuries-old buildings..
- Architectural Beauty: Adorned with stunning architecture, featuring traditional townhouses, baroque churches and picturesque squares man of the rental properties in The Three Cities offer historic charm and unique character, with some providing magnificent views of the Grand Harbour.
- Waterfront Living: Living in The Three Cities means enjoying a picturesque waterfront lifestyle. The area is dotted with marinas, waterfront promenades and charming harbours, offering residents the opportunity to indulge in waterfront dining, boat trips and leisurely walks along the quays.
- Tranquillity and a Great Community: The Three Cities offer a more peaceful and close-knit community atmosphere compared to the bustling urban centres. This allows residents to embrace a slower pace of life and experience the authentic local culture and traditions.
- Proximity to Valletta: The Three Cities are conveniently located just a short ferry ride or a quick water taxi trip away from Valletta.
Msida, may be small, yet it is vibrant and offers a convenient and lively living environment. With a strategic location, easy access to amenities and a thriving student community, the area is less expensive than Sliema. Here are some key highlights of renting in Msida:
- Central Location: It enjoys a central location with excellent transport links and is well-connected to all towns and villages, making it convenient for commuting to work or exploring the rest of the island.
- Proximity to Educational Institutions: Msida is home to the University of Malta and several educational institutions, attracting a vibrant student population. This allows for students and academics to be close to their respective campuses.
- Amenities and Services: Despite its small size, Msida offers a range of amenities and services such as supermarkets, shops, banks, pharmacies, and a variety of dining options.
- Waterfront Promenade: Located on the coastline, its waterfront promenade is a popular spot for leisurely walks and enjoying the scenic views of Marsamxett Harbour.
- Community Atmosphere: Msida has a strong community spirit, with regular events, festivals, and gatherings that bring residents together.
Gzira, is an ideal location for those seeking a lively and dynamic lifestyle. Living here is more affordable than Sliema and St Julian’s and with many renovations and upgrades underway in the area, it has become sought-after as a place to rent property. Here are some key highlights of renting in Gzira:
- Waterfront Living: The area has a stunning waterfront promenade along the Marsamxett Harbour, offering breathtaking views of Valletta’s fortified walls
- Convenient Location: Gzira is strategically located, with excellent transport links to the capital city of Valletta and other parts of Malta. There’s wide range of amenities, including supermarkets, shops, restaurants, cafes, and entertainment venues.
- Entertainment and Leisure: Gzira has a bustling entertainment scene and it is home to several popular bars and restaurants.
- Outdoor Recreation: Here you will find plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities. The promenade is perfect for leisurely walks or jogging and being in close proximity to the Manoel Island Yacht Marina, Gzira is an ideal location for boating enthusiasts.
- Cultural Attractions: Being just a stone’s throw away from Valletta, Gzira’s residents can explore the capital’s cultural attractions, including historic sites, museums, and art galleries.