Żebbuġ is a city in the southern region of Malta. It is one of the oldest towns in the country, and its population is 12 000.The name means “olives” in Maltese. In 1380 a church dedicated to St. Philip of Agira was built here, but Malta is very rich in archaeological remains and Ħaż-Żebbuġ is no exception. It gave its name to an era of prehistoric time when pottery of a kind not known as yet was found in tombs at Ta’ Trapna. Some Punic and Phoenician tombs were also found together with a small number of cart ruts and other remains.
The Grand Chancery of the Hospitaller Order of Saint Lazarus of Jerusalem is also situated in the city.
The patron saint is St. Philip of Agira and the days of the festas are 12 May and the 2nd Sunday of June.