Property for Sale in San Pawl tat-Targa
About San Pawl tat-Targa
San Pawl tat-Targa is part of the greater Naxxar area and the latter is a town in the northern region of Malta, with a population of about 13 500 people. The Naxxar Church is dedicated to Our Lady of Victories. The annual village feast is celebrated on 8 September.
The whole locality comprises the Naxxar centre, Sgħajtar area, Santa Marija tax-Xagħra, San Pawl tat-Tarġa, Birguma, Magħtab, Salina, Baħar iċ-Ċagħaq and part of Madliena.
Human habitation in the area dates to the prehistoric era. This is evidenced by megalithic remains at Tal-Qadi and at Qaliet Marku. The cart ruts which start at Salina up to it-Targa and near Ghadira tal-Wej were probably first cut in the same period.
The Naxxar parish church was one of the ten parishes found to be existing by Bishop De Mello in 1436. In the larger Naxxar area, there are various country chapels. These include the chapel of the Immaculate Conception which was built in the 18th Century; St Lucy’s chapel; the chapel of the Shipwreck of St. Paul situated at San Pawl tat-Tarġa.
Notable Residences include Palazzo Parisio built in the 18th century, Palazzo Nasciaro is an 18th-century palace built during the Order of St. John, Hompesch Hunting Lodge and Villa Castro, formerly Palazzo Castro, is a knights period country residence.