Property for Rent in Santa Venera

coastal view malta

About Santa Venera

 

Santa Venera is a town in the central region of Malta, with a population of around 7000.

The Old Church of Santa Venera was built in 1473, and it was enlarged in 1500, rebuilt between 1658 and 1688 and again in the 19th century.

In 1610, Grandmaster Alof de Wignacourt financed the building of the Wignacourt Aqueduct to transport water from springs in Rabat and Dingli to the capital Valletta, passing through various towns along the way including Santa Venera. The Aqueduct was finished in 1615.

Casa Leoni, also known as Palazzo Manoel, was built around 1730. The palace has a large garden behind it, part of which was opened to the public in 1977 as Romeo Romano Gardens.

The patron saint is  St. Venera, with the annual festa held the last Sunday of July and 14 November.

[gravityform id="28" title="true" description="true" ajax="true"]