Birkirkara, Converted House of Character ref 914309
- Sole Agent
360° Walkthrough Of Property
An impressive double-fronted TOWN HOUSE in the heart of Birkirkara. Full of original features such as patterned tiles, fantastic entrance and lovely arches, the house comprises a separate dining room, two interconnecting large rooms ideal the for sitting and living area, a potential pantry, guest toilet and a separate kitchen, all interconnecting to a very large central courtyard with a well. Upstairs one finds three very large rooms, a bathroom and the garigor stairs which leads to the roof where there is a washroom and the full roof having fantastic views of the St Helen's parish church large dome.
Rooms & Features
LocationBirkirkara is a city in central Malta. It is the largest and most populous localities on the island and consists of four autonomous parishes: St Helen, St Joseph, Our Lady of the Carmel and St Mary. It also houses one of the most famous colleges in Malta, St Aloysius' College. There are many places of interest in Birkirkara, amongst them the Old Railway Station which is today located within a public garden. Trains were used as means of transportation across the island until the Railway's closure in 1931. Other town features include the aqueducts built by Grandmaster Wignacourt in the 17th Century and St Helen's basilica, one of the most beautiful churches on the Maltese islands, housing Malta's largest bell. Birkirkara has grown into an important commercial centre as well as a densely populated residential area.
Location marked on map is indicative.