IT Assistant / Support
Frank Salt (Real Estate) Ltd is the largest family-owned real estate agency in Malta having a branch network of 18 offices. Established since 1969, the company is built on a reputation of trust and high ethical standards.
We are looking for a trustworthy, reliable and capable individual who is seeking to develop a rewarding career in IT within a dynamic industry. The selected applicant will benefit from excellent working conditions and training opportunities whilst working within a professional and experienced team.
- Provide helpdesk support to diagnose and resolve problems;
- Support with the day to day troubleshooting and systems backups;
- Monitoring and responding quickly and effectively to any requests within agreed service levels based on priority;
- Modify configurations where necessary for the local workstations;
- Document internal procedures related to day to day IT, supporting any internal IT related training and up skill;
- Assist with the role of Active Directory and on boarding of new users with their accounts, PC setup and software installation;
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment, cabling networks and software;
- Maintain inventory of all equipment in all our offices, software and software licenses, ensuring good audit trails for the management of our assets;
- Assist in getting quotes and monitoring ongoing hardware repairs with 3rd party suppliers where necessary (infrastructure equipment, laptops, tablets, mobile);
- Following up with our IT consultants and Software Developers on various calls and matters;
- Assist in setting up new offices with IT equipment;
- Knowledge of WordPress to update website backend;
- Assisting the IT Manager with daily/weekly/monthly reports and filing, covering the administration side and other duties as the IT Manager may from time to time require;
- Suggest initiatives to develop and improve our internal systems;
KEY SKILLS & TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- At least 1 year of relevant technical experience in a similar position;
- Relevant qualification in Information Systems, IT Operations or related field;
- Knowledge on basic software updates, operating systems, MS Windows and Linux;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Well organised with sound planning ability;
- Problem solving skills with the ability to quickly learn our systems and infrastructure.